Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: Not Coping

Oh nice @Birdofparadise8 I hope the call goes well 😊 

Sorry about your hip, that is so rough. Are you seeing a physio or anything? 

I'm doing okay, just pottering along today. I think I overslept so my brain is kinda like mashed potato 😅

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Shaz51 aww I love elephants!! Such gorgeous, silly, impressive animals haha. Did you know that when they're babies, elephants sometimes suck their trunks, like a baby human will suck their thumb?Soooo cute. Will you pop some little elephants in the garden too? 

Yes I will @Jynx 

Mum has two big elephants 🐘 so I thought of putting them in on each side of the front door 

Yeah I hope so too @Jynx 

Yes, it's been an ongoing issue for years, I'm seeing an osteo at the moment, so I'm doing the exercises she gave me. I have a sacroiliac joint sprain. The pain comes up to the hip and several vertebrae up from the tailbone. Apparently, the joint sprain makes my muscles in the surrounding area all sore. 

Oh no how does oversleeping do that? I'm tired no matter how long I sleep hahaha. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Shaz51 oh I love that!! Big elephant guardians, sounds so sick 😍🐘

@Birdofparadise8 oh rough... Is it arthritis of some sort? Sounds so painful! 

Haha that's a big mood, the eternal tiredness! I think cos I slept like 14 hours my body got overwhelmed by it. I woke up super groggy and felt really weak in my muscles. Definitely improved heaps now though. 

So far, my osteo thinks it's a sprain of the joint @Jynx 

She said I might need X-rays as things aren't improving. 

Yeah, well, I have a sleep study on Monday next week, so hopefully will give me some answers on the tiredness and sleep in general. 

Wow, 14 hours that's a long time. Do you stay up very late?

Ohh still trying to decide @Jynx , might change my mind 🤔 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Birdofparadise8 oof, sounds so rough hun, I hope it isn't toooo serious hey 🤞 And good luck w the sleep study! May it provide helpful insights!

I am a night owl typically, and get insomnia from time to time. I didn't sleep well last Thurs/Fri and then Saturday night I didn't sleep at all, so the 14 hours was a catch-up sleep 😅

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Shaz51 Could always try it and see? Maybe you could have a new hobby - elephant arranging 😝

Yes, I do hope it improves soon @Jynx. Thank you. Have you seen Australia's Sleep Revolution with Dr Michael Mosley?

I watched it, and it seems very fascinating. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance