Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Katz42
Senior Contributor

Re: Emptiness

Your feelings sound so awful and unbearable. I don't think that keeping your feelings to yourself is right or helpful. Sometimes yes, but those feelings eat away at you and only make you feel worse. In the right environment and with the right people, sharing those feelings, I believe, is good for you. I find that sometimes I need my feelings validated because I am not sure whether "my feelings are right" sort of thing. No one can validate my feelings, if I don't tell anyone about them. I have weekly therapy to help me. Therapy is expensive, I understand that. I wish that I had an easy answer. I, fortunately have NDIS funding to pay for my weekly therapy. I was wondering whether it is possible for you to talk to your GP and see whether you can get help from NDIS. Your GP, is hopefully supportive and understanding, should be able to tell you where to start looking into NDIS application and funding. Despite how you feel, you are not alone! It might take a few attempts to find the right supportive health professional, but it is still worth pursuing. It has taken me 56 years to find the right help. I really hope that maybe your GP can steer you in a helpful direction, whether it be NDIS or not. I think that under the GP health management plan, people are eligible to a certain number of psychology appointments, and may be given more if it proves helpful. Don't quote me on it, it seems the government changes rules and stipulations every year. But have hope that there is help out there, even if the searching is difficult and long, it WILL happen. Take care. 😺

👋🏼 Welcome to the forum @Katz42 your choice of font and colour indicates a creative graphic design.

Tell the forum more about yourself 

I do woodworking at the local Women’s Shed and I’m running late.

G

Hi @Isa1, I am sorry to hear you are going through this, I can relate to and understand your frustration. Have you expressed your concerns to your GP? Everybody is different and unique, one thing I have learnt about family and friends is that I can not change them, every time I tried, I was disappointed!

I too struggle with expressing myself, especially with my father, I can never open up to him and sometimes I think that people should know how to act and know what to say, but that's never the case. By interacting with the SANE community on this forum, I slowly started expressing my feelings towards other people, it's a slow progress.

I have learned to stop saying YES to everything, it used to mentally drain me, and I have learnt to set boundaries with family and friends, it has helped me to slow down, relax and be in the present moment. Don't be too hard on yourself, look after yourself, and take care. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance