Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Shaz51 😯😍 oh it's so pretty!! Thanks for sharing, wow! 

Do you have lil tea ceremonies with them? What kind of tea do you think this teapot likes the most? Hehe

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

OMG just saw the ice cream one @Shaz51 that's soooo cool! For iced tea? 😝

@PinkFlamingo wrote:

Ah, yes @PizzaMondo ☺️🌺

dessert spoons are a specific sized spoon not often used in cutlery in modern times, or just used in fine dining where they have multiples of each type (more than one type of spoon, more than one type of fork, etc) on the table dressing. 
I’m old lol, and I’m English, so part of what we learnt as children was a full formal table setting..cutlery, plate ware, glasses and goblets, trays, cloths, runners, candelabras, vases, etc, and what specifically goes where, and used when 🙂🌺

A dessert spoon is a little smaller and shallower than a tablespoon, so it works well when controlling the cake mix and being able to quickly and efficiently swipe mix off it into the cupcake patties using either your own finger, or a teaspoon, or another dessert spoon.
The art of cutlery in cooking is a coffee table book just waiting to be written! Hehe 😉🙌🏻🌺 

I like to use an ice cream scoop for muffins to make them the same size. Do you @PinkFlamingo 

So beautiful @Shaz51 🥰🙂🌺🫖

Yes the ice cream scoop is a fabulous idea @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺

I used to use one however I don’t have as good a grip as I used to, so I swapped to a spoon 🤭🌺

Oh okay, that makes sense then @PinkFlamingo 

1000001153.jpg

@Birdofparadise8 , @Oaktree , @PinkFlamingo , @Jynx ,

@PizzaMondo 

This is one of mine. Really 

@Shaz51 @Birdofparadise8 @PinkFlamingo @Jynx @PizzaMondo @tyme @ArraDreaming 

Just got back from the shops. I bought ingredients to make homemade sausage rolls, mini chorizo, chive and cheddar mini quiches, also thinking about some form of cooked onion jam in a mini quiche (any ideas welcome on that one) and ingredients for mire cheesy potatoes. Looks like I will be cooking for the rest of the week. Going out tomorrow morning and then to bingo tomorrow lunchtime so may not have time to cook tomorrow 

@Oaktree’s Sausage Rolls

Sausage Meat

Breadcrumbs

Chopped caramelised onions 

Cheddar Cheese

Herbs of choice dried 

Fresh parsley chopped

Dry white wine 

1 or 2 whole eggs

Packet of frozen puff pastry

Method: add ingredients and mix until it looks right, not too dry. 

Put mounds in a line across defrosted puff pastry. Cut pastry in half and wrap the sausage meat. Don’t forget to brush edge with egg wash to seal. 

Cut into whatever size you fancy, poke holes on top and egg wash

Place into 180 degree celcius oven until cooked and golden

Eat with tomato sauce - yum

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance