Skip to main content

Re: dealing with loneliness and social isolation as carers.

Hi there @Determined 

No visiting it and will make it hard but the fact its completely out of our control means we dont talk about it much which I think helps. 

Baby is going very well, shes 7 months now. Time goes so quick. Mr Jones is a stay at home dad so him being away makes it hard trying to find care for her whilst I need to work full time 😞 

How are things for you and the family @Determined ?

All holding together here @Mrsjones 

We have much to be grateful for.

hugs @Determined@Mrsjones , @Former-Member , @Sophia1@Blip HeartHeart

The loneliness is hitting hard tonight. 

Talking with Mr Jones this afternoon/ evening over text whilst his in hospital and I can't keep up with the negative comments. 

The 'what's the point of trying, I'll just be here again in a couple months' , 'im never going to be happy' and so on. 

It takes a piece of me everytime. I see myself as extremely supportive but I feel his not respecting my opinions and recommendations. 

Why aren't the kids and I a motivator for strength? 

How is this sustainable? 

Hard times @Mrsjones 

Hard to know what to say.   Here listening though. 

Thinking of you @Mrsjones 

Some of the emotions you have expressed are like a distant memory yet still so fresh.

Talking through my thought and feelings here on the forum helped me get through some pretty dark days. While I may not always know what to say I am here to listen and sit with you. 

@Mrsjones how are things? Are you okay? The loneliness is hard isn't it? Though I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum... MsJ is home all the time now as she was in the middle of a barber apprenticeship. Sadly that seems to have been the thing keeping her steady. Your comment about why aren't you enough of a motivator cut me to the core tonight and the tears flowed! We had a particularly hard week last week and it felt to me like our marriage was the thing that was going to give. I don't have any answers but I know the thoughts running through your head all too well. I'm sorry x

Hello @547@Romi@OMG12@B_01@bundybird@alwaysangry 

how are you today 

come and meet some other carers 

@Jay-e@Determined@Mrsjones , @Former-Member , @Sophia1 , @Former-Member , @Jupiter