Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: No longer able to support my husband - eeeek!

@Shaz51 I hear exhaustion as well. Hope you are getting the support you need.

So many things I know now that i didn't when we started,such a steep learning curve.I know that the opposite of depression is not happiness but vitality - I see that a lot everyday now. I also understand that unlike myself DH cannot chose to be happy. i ended up on antidepressants for about a year & am grateful for that crutch when i needed to get off the sofa & uncurl the ball i was in. very liberating to have weaned off those drugs & be so happy & grateful for all i have & am. I also spotted someone suicidal at work who was talking some quite precise planning & was able to do something I would not have known a year before hand. I'm no longer sad he chose not to work with me, I can't change that.

Hey, Vikkie, I'm so sorry to hear all the difficulties you have had the last 18 years.  And yes, it is SO hard to know when enough is enough.  I'm trying to decide the same thing regarding my depressed partner and I am clueless.

You are not alone.  And I am sure you have done your best.  I don't have children with my partner.  But if I had, I would look for my kids well being. 

Maybe a good talk with your kids can provide you with some answers.

Peace is something kids value highly! I sure wanted peace as a kid and didn't get any.

I hope a window opens soon for you and your family!

Blessings!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance