Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

I like the idea of seeing if an OT saw the benefit of a particular supported activity if that would be covered. I would be more than happy to pay for the activity.  Having that external support would be benefits for S1 as well as us as parents as he often responds better to someone unrelated in following instructions. It can often be a sport for him to push our buttons or pretend something is too hard so we will take the slack... which does nothing to help him grow. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined, I'd say re. using the available funding or not- make sure first that there's no danger of the funding being reduced if it's seen as not being used. It would be a bit rough if it got cut back because it "wasn't needed", and then a year or two later you did need it.

@Determined 

Thinking of you Bro as you adjust to life without MIL.

images (151).jpg

Thanks @Former-Member  it certainly seems that way. Not doing so well at the moment. 

@Smc  that thought had crossed my mind... probably is the case which does nothing to promote the sustainable use of resources.   particually as it is down the track we are most concerned about but have been told if we are not singed up now we will miss out later. 

and as is the case wiht anything government funded, there are service providors out there who happily milk the system.  

NDIS rant over for today. we are grateful for the support available... 

Hi @Determined 

Checking in Bro.

Thanks @Former-Member 

Hard to know what to say... I am not in a good head space atm...

Plenty of people doing it tough at the moment so don't want to whinge about my little troubles. 

Meh. @Determined .... the reason we're all here is because we're all doing it tough. We can do it tough together, and you can give out as much or as little detail as you want.

@Determined  I'm with @Smc 

You have had a tough run Bro. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance